Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saved up and got myself the Wilwood big brake kit, taking the truck down to George soon to build the tranny and do 40 overs I figured I'd need to have more stopping power..plus the 22 tractor wheels are already heavy enough as is.. anyway here are some pics throughout the install..really easy installation, but they sent me the wrong flex line kit so I won't be able to test them till tomorrow (they were more than happy overnighting me the correct ones).

Stock brakes w/ 10 lug adapters^

16" slotted rotors^

And now we wait till the new flex lines come in^

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Flex lines came in, pics of final install with plenty of clearance

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Looks great what is the min wheel diameter with those?

I would have been under that truck all day trying to clean up all that rust! :poke[1]:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Requires at least 20" wheels...I know i live in VT its a constant battle..every couple months I spend a few hours with a wire brush and some paint under there..

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
How do you like these OP?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, being nearly 4 years later, I absolutely love them. The truck always had somewhat of a "spongey" feel to the brakes and these made a night and day difference. It's been about 4 years and approx. 30k miles and the pads look nearly as good as new. (Granted I don't do any towing with the truck and I mostly drive highway miles) But I would strongly recommend, as long as your wheels are big enough for the new rotors, this kit is solid.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Well, being nearly 4 years later, I absolutely love them. The truck always had somewhat of a "spongey" feel to the brakes and these made a night and day difference. It's been about 4 years and approx. 30k miles and the pads look nearly as good as new. (Granted I don't do any towing with the truck and I mostly drive highway miles) But I would strongly recommend, as long as your wheels are big enough for the new rotors, this kit is solid.

Great I think I’m going to pull the trigger on these depending on how my new wheel/tire combo feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Got them on last night and getting them bled today.

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Got them bled but still had air for whatever reason to went to jiffy lube and they finished the job for me. I’ve now got a high and firm brake pedal with good modulation and they stop on a dime. Very confidence inspiring so far. Can’t wait to tow and race with them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Question for both of you. Did you just do the fronts, or all 4? I have an 07(Classic) and tow a pretty heavy trailer. I don't really trust the factory brakes.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Did all 4. Brake feel and stopping power is significantly improved. Would of it again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Those sure ain't cheap. It will cost over $5300.00 for these. Little out of the budget at the moment.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Those sure ain't cheap. It will cost over $5300.00 for these. Little out of the budget at the moment.
A whole new set of pads from Wilwood are over $500 and they dust a ton. Wheels are filthy in front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts