Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Trail Ready full gurad Bumper for my 2011. Im tossed up on which brand of lights and which model Lights to purchase. 90% of my driving is in Northern Canada at night and probley 70% in winter. The Highway here is mostly forest on both sides. theres times I have often spoted 60+ deer in a 5hr drive on the road. and there has been times I had to lock the trucks brakes up solid to aviod hitting Moose. the last 2 months I killed 3 owls as well. .Not to mention the Snowstorms. So this bumper has 2 spots for 4" Lights, two for 6" Lights and a aux light mount for two more Lights.

I need wide range, something for Snow, and something for Long range, because Moose eyes dont Light up with your head lights as quick as deer do.

ps: I herd good things about Vision X, but I like to here more advice.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've really been interested I'n the LED spots they have I'n the magazines I bet those thing glow pretty good

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would probably go with a setup similar to this.. find some cheap housing on ebay that will fit your holes, and then retrofit your own HIDs into them. I did this with my Landrover and the results were stunning.

Also, I recommend at least one pair of 3k hids due to your amount of snow driving, they are extremely beneficial.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sorry for bringin up an old thead, but im in need of two 5" Lights for my bumper. I like the blue-ish housing's you see on some trucks on here, and i want to be able to do some HID's in them to. Anyone know where i can get some light's this size? I searched Ebay over and over and cant quite find what i want. Perfer them in a "Fog Light" Housing to.

BTW, i also need two 6" Long range light's and maybe wo 6" Driving light's, or maybe four long range lights in total.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Sorry for bringin up an old thead, but im in need of two 5" Lights for my bumper. I like the blue-ish housing's you see on some trucks on here, and i want to be able to do some HID's in them to. Anyone know where i can get some light's this size? I searched Ebay over and over and cant quite find what i want. Perfer them in a "Fog Light" Housing to.

BTW, i also need two 6" Long range light's and maybe wo 6" Driving light's, or maybe four long range lights in total.
Cant get any better then PIAA :drink

PIAA 540 SERIES # 5461 PLASMA ION FOG LIGHTS 5" BLACK | eBay

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Thank's Jason. Dont know how i missed those. I guess i'll be ordering them now.
Anyone ever put HID's in PIAA housing's? Or are they not worth doin that?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I just got some light force 140s and installed them in my fog light holes on my factory bumper. If I had an aftermarket bumper, I would definitely get a couple of sets of light force lights....some of the bigger ones though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts