Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody mounted a winch behind factory bumpers? If so can you share some pictures, interested installing front & back. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket bumpers.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
what year truck? warn has a hidden kit for up to the 2007 classic body style trucks. only problem is you need to go with the warn winches for it to work, and the ones that work with it are all over a grand.

might want to look into the westin max winch mount.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
That's warn setup for the stock bumper is over $1000 for just the damn mount
:( fair lead would be badass slapped on the front of the stock bumper tho..I don't see there being enough room for a 9000k+ winch in there thought without a body lift.:gearjamin

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
That's warn setup for the stock bumper is over $1000 for just the damn mount
:( fair lead would be badass slapped on the front of the stock bumper tho..I don't see there being enough room for a 9000k+ winch in there thought without a body lift.:gearjamin
theres really not, at least not without some serious fab work and the possibility of reducing airflow to the stack. the westin max mount is like 200 bucks, fits well, and doesnt look bad at all. and most important, its a big beefy bitch 1/4" plate with all metric equivalent grade 8 and higher hardware. and it doesnt really stick out that bad.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Build your own bumper!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quoteBuild your own bumper! ][/quote]

Yeah could do that, started to look at bumpers. Fusion makes a real nice bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts