Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have a 9.5ti on mine and it works fine. Strains a bit if your really stuck but i just always use a snatch block and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
WARN!!!!! Please don't skimp on your winch it is the last thing you want to fail when your trying to get out of a mud hole or a piece of equipment out of a mud hole. Believe you me it isn't fun! Lots of time wasted imop if your winch breaks out in no mans land... Do your self a favor and go for the warn and get a thermetric winch. Like the 9.5ti. It will save the winch motor because it lights up when the motor is getting to hot!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
General rule of thumb is the winch should be rated for 1.5X your vehicle weight, so a 12,000# winch is about right for these trucks. If you choose to go with a 8000 or 9000 series winch, buy a snatch block with it and plan on using it often.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
General rule of thumb is the winch should be rated for 1.5X your vehicle weight, so a 12,000# winch is about right for these trucks. If you choose to go with a 8000 or 9000 series winch, buy a snatch block with it and plan on using it often.
X2 ^ A good winch that I can move front to back is on my short list and I could not agree with you more. I broke 10,000lbs tow strap getting mine unstuck with only one front tire buried deep, and of course it was midnight, pouring rain, and mud was up to my ankles. A 12,000lbs winch with a snatch block is the way to go.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
IF you dont have to have a warn, check out the Titan winch. I have an 12k one on my truck, and while it hasnt been heavily or extensively tested yet, i am impressed. if you compare the specs to a Warn, ramsey etc. it is as good if not better. The customer service from the guy is top notch. He immediately returns calls emails, etc. and is very knowledgeable. It also came with fairlead, winch cover, battery leads, remote and hand held controls. all this at less than half the price of a warn

·
the lawn man
1,450 Posts
i have alway run mile marker winches 12.5 and they have worked great for me

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Go warn!!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Can a 9000lb winch pull my truck strait up into a tree?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts