Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need my first windshield replacement due to rocks they put on the highways here in the winter.

Now paying the price for lane departure option on my High Country.

Windshield is only $250 ... but realigning the camera is $225.

Luckily this is covered by my auto policy.

Anyone else experienced this unforeseen windshield cost due to lane departure option ?

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
I guess there's ANOTHER reason why I'm keeping my old antique LLY....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I took a rock to the winshield after only 1500 miles. Had it filled (under insurance). The saflite guy saud they couldn't order a winshield if i needed it. They wernt available yet.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can believe that Safelite does not have windshields yet with the 2020 models just being released.

Curious what they do when a serious accident occurs and the windshield is totally shattered requiring full replacement ?

They tell the owner ... "you are SOL for having a first model year truck so soon after release" ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Need my first windshield replacement due to rocks they put on the highways here in the winter.

Now paying the price for lane departure option on my High Country.

Windshield is only $250 ... but realigning the camera is $225.

Luckily this is covered by my auto policy.

Anyone else experienced this unforeseen windshield cost due to lane departure option ?
I had my windshield replaced about 11k miles ago. Put in an oem windshield vs the pos Chinese version they wanted to use. Camera is attached to the windshield by clips. They took it off the old one and snapped it onto the new. Nothing else and my ldw works perfectly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can believe that Safelite does not have windshields yet with the 2020 models just being released.

Curious what they do when a serious accident occurs and the windshield is totally shattered requiring full replacement ?

They tell the owner ... "you are SOL for having a first model year truck so soon after release" ?
Maybe a dealer could get one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
475 dosnt sound that bad for a whole new windshield installed maybe thats just me lol

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I ran into the same thing, they told me I needed a GM specific tool to reset it. Used my snap on scanner to reset it, no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what scanner is that for curiosity, i have a solus ultra that i debate getting the updated software for.

shoot..... aint nothin a little clear packing tape wont fix....

475 dosnt sound that bad for a whole new windshield installed maybe thats just me lol

Thats honestly less than i have been quoted before for a new windshield on my 01. I was over 500 on the quote to replace it even through insurance. I do not have low end insurance either... I assume its the perks of shipping glass thousands of miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a BMW tech. You guys would be shocked to see what it costs to replace a BMW windshield.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
One of the aftermarket windshield suppliers is running a TV ad 'here' indicating they do the camera alignment/realignment when they change a windshield.
(or course implying their competitors don't have the capability)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts