Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a winter grille front for my 03 GMC. Im a tight a$$ and dont want to shell out the cash to bad for the dealer. Also wondering if the bra is better than the insert or other way around? I live in interior Alaska, can see -60below F. Either way tell me where i can find one.

Thank You

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I have only ran the grille cover. Funny, I do have a brand new bumper cover that I never used. Its too much of a PITA to mess with. You can go cheap & just do cardboard in front of the radiator. You can look up fia grille covers too. I believe you can get the regular grille cover and bug screen for the summer for around $69. When I bought my grille cover from the stealer I think it was around the same price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I read on another thread about yours scratching your bumper up. I dont like that very much either. But I did call the dealer and they wanted $170, i dont think so. Also the FIA and most others are snaps and are sticky backs on them and at 30 below even I had some come off the other truck i had and then i screwed them in and that ruined the grill. I still like some class on my rig and dont want to ruin it. But thanks for the input, Ill keep searching.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
The 170 is just for the bumper cover. Tell them you want the grille cover only. I think they run about 60-70. those have the snaps that hook to the push fastners and metal tabs that bend and hook to the grille.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
170 was for the grille only because it was discontinued but they found one somewhere else. He dropped it to 130 but that is still expensive, im starting to think more in the direction of cardboard..... Question...how far off do you think a Chevy one would be???

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
the shape is different, but if the price was right i would try it. have you tried ebay? how about alaska tent and tarp?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Every year I just paint a piece of cardboard black and place it over my radiator. But behind the grilled. Open the hood and just slide it down in there. You cannot even tell its in there, and does exactly what you want it to.... Block the radiator and such from the cold. Price = 2$ for the can of black spray paint!

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
truktoys.com has the cloudrider insert style for 112. you can get it shipped for cheap if you use shipitapo.com. shipping to there is free & they will send priority mail. they save money on shipping and anyone in alaska can use it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the original cover from my 2005 GMC...still in the bag and never used...I have no idea what it would cost to ship to Alaska...I'd let it go for $50 plus shipping.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
you could put it in a flat rate box for 12.95 I think..maybe 14.95

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I am in need of a winter grille front for my 03 GMC. Im a tight a$$ and dont want to shell out the cash to bad for the dealer. Also wondering if the bra is better than the insert or other way around? I live in interior Alaska, can see -60below F. Either way tell me where i can find one.

Thank You
-60?! Hell I thought it was cold today at 65! And today is considered cold here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts