Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for the wiring diagram... i cant seem to find one that uses the same wires as mine... just wiring in the power and ill run the power signals also but just trying to find out which goes where..

·
Registered
3 Posts
i need to know something similar, my truck is an 05 and it had the terrible accordian style mirrors with turn signal, and i swapped em out for the 02 camper dual arm tow mirrors and i need to know how wire them up myself

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
OK, this should help-- I borrowed this from our sister site.

06 mirrors on 02 wiring includes '01 wiring schematic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent most of the day today putting 06 mirrors on my friends 02. I have searched the forums for the past couple days looking for wiring with no luck. So for everyone with 01-02 here it is...

I cut the plug off of the old mirrors so I did not have to destroy the truck wiring. I soldered and shrinkwrapped all the connections and now the mirrors plug into the original harness with the exception of the turnsignal wire. I snaked the TS wire throught the door, boot and into the cab at the fuse box on the side of the dash. I did't take any pictures ( thought of it too late) but wrote all the colors down to make it easier for someone else. Mods feel free to make this a Sticky.

DRIVERS SIDE--------------------PASS SIDE

Heater Circut

TRUCK MIRROR--------------TRUCK MIRROR
Orange - Black ---------------Orange - Black
Black - Black -----------------Black - Black

Movement

Yellow - White -------------------White - White
Lt. Blue - Gray/Black--------------Purple - Orange/White
Green - Orange/Black ------------- Red/White - Gray/ White

Turn Signals

Black - Brown (neg) --------------Black- Brown ( neg)
Blue/White- TO LT Fuse------------Blue/White- TO RT Fuse

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've used to use that diagram and none of the wires coming from my plug from my factory mirrors match these with the exception of black....so I'm at a brick wall and it's getting frustrating lol:help

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Actually, the post was for the original poster that asked the question -- not for the hijacked post.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
This is a copy and paste from a post i made on dp a couple years ago after I re wired a set of 02 mirrors to fit my 03.

Because the 01-02 mirrors connect at the base of the mirror and the 03+ mirrors connect at the panel on the door handle I cut the excess harness from the my stock mirrors and removed the end of the harness from the 02 tow mirrors and and wired them together as follows:

When looking at the 02 wiring harness on the mirror you will see a side of the harness with two wires attached and a side with three wires attached when looking at it horizontally. The side with only two wires has a black and an orange wire on both the drivers and passenger side. These two wires are for the defrost. They correspond to the two black wires in the 03+ wiring harness coming from the door panel on both driver and passenger side. After some reading and experimenting it does not appear as it matters how the heater wires are wired.

There will befour remaining wires coming from the door panel and only three wires coming from the mirror. Of the four wires coming from the door panel two will be yellow on the drivers side and two will be white on the passenger side. Only one of these is needed. The other I capped of and left hanging. From reading and experimenting it doesn't appear to matter which one is used.

Drivers Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
Yellow --- Yellow
Blue --- Blue
Green --- Green

Passenger Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
White --- Yellow
Purple w/ White-- Green
Red w/ White --- Blue

Once the two defrost wires are excluded and it is known one of the double wires is not needed it is easy to troubleshoot which wires correspond. _

·
Registered
3 Posts
Didn't mean to seem like I was hijacking the post, I'm new to the site and I was searching for a solution the problem I was having such as this guy was....aside from that thanks bear I appreciate the feedback, I finally had to breakdown and use a meter and a trial and error but I got em working...

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, this should help-- I borrowed this from our sister site.

06 mirrors on 02 wiring includes '01 wiring schematic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent most of the day today putting 06 mirrors on my friends 02. I have searched the forums for the past couple days looking for wiring with no luck. So for everyone with 01-02 here it is...

I cut the plug off of the old mirrors so I did not have to destroy the truck wiring. I soldered and shrinkwrapped all the connections and now the mirrors plug into the original harness with the exception of the turnsignal wire. I snaked the TS wire throught the door, boot and into the cab at the fuse box on the side of the dash. I did't take any pictures ( thought of it too late) but wrote all the colors down to make it easier for someone else. Mods feel free to make this a Sticky.

DRIVERS SIDE--------------------PASS SIDE

Heater Circut

TRUCK MIRROR--------------TRUCK MIRROR
Orange - Black ---------------Orange - Black
Black - Black -----------------Black - Black

Movement

Yellow - White -------------------White - White
Lt. Blue - Gray/Black--------------Purple - Orange/White
Green - Orange/Black ------------- Red/White - Gray/ White

Turn Signals

Black - Brown (neg) --------------Black- Brown ( neg)
Blue/White- TO LT Fuse------------Blue/White- TO RT Fuse
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 4.8 liter. The truck came with power directional adjusting mirrors, manual fold in and out. Very basic. When pulling into my garage the mirrors bumped the sides of the garage as I was unable to power fold them in.
So I decided to take on the project of installing power folding mirrors with defrost(heated), turn signal built into the glass, and power directional mirror movement(SAME OPTION AS THE ORIGINAL MIRRORS)from a 2003 Silverado, bought them new.
I have done tons of research to find a way to safely and correctly make the power folding option to work along with getting the signals to work. The only way to get the defrost to work is changing the Heat Control Module/Unit to one that has the rear defrost button on it. Not to worried about that option for now.
HERE IS MY PROBLEM/DILEMMA-THE THING NOT WORKING….
I cannot get the directional movement of the mirror to move using the door panel square control switch to move the mirror a little up, down, left, right even though I followed instructions I have found online. Although this project has moved along the only power feature that worked perfectly on my stock mirrors won’t work on the new 03’ mirrors. I’m aware that the truck didn’t offer the extra mirror options. You would be surprised to see how you can borrow power somewhere-use a momentary switch, 2 relays and power folding mirrors that didn’t come with the truck now work.
Can anyone, who successfully attempted this power folding mirror conversion upgrade, help me with the final wiring instructions to make the mirrors move? Thx! Anthony
Photo shows the 5 wires off the original mirror:
Orange-hot lead for defrost(GM Wired the truck for defrost but my original mirrors didn’t have defrost)
Black-ground for heated mirror(I THINK) this black wire is questionable on why the power directional mirror doesn’t work)
White-Yellow-Light Green
These wires controlled the stock directional mirror option
These Wires were hooked up to wires on the new mirror but the new mirror won’t move.
photos included
Wire diagram photo is how I was able to get the new power folding to work
This is a copy and paste from a post i made on dp a couple years ago after I re wired a set of 02 mirrors to fit my 03.

Because the 01-02 mirrors connect at the base of the mirror and the 03+ mirrors connect at the panel on the door handle I cut the excess harness from the my stock mirrors and removed the end of the harness from the 02 tow mirrors and and wired them together as follows:

When looking at the 02 wiring harness on the mirror you will see a side of the harness with two wires attached and a side with three wires attached when looking at it horizontally. The side with only two wires has a black and an orange wire on both the drivers and passenger side. These two wires are for the defrost. They correspond to the two black wires in the 03+ wiring harness coming from the door panel on both driver and passenger side. After some reading and experimenting it does not appear as it matters how the heater wires are wired.

There will befour remaining wires coming from the door panel and only three wires coming from the mirror. Of the four wires coming from the door panel two will be yellow on the drivers side and two will be white on the passenger side. Only one of these is needed. The other I capped of and left hanging. From reading and experimenting it doesn't appear to matter which one is used.

Drivers Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
Yellow --- Yellow
Blue --- Blue
Green --- Green

Passenger Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
White --- Yellow
Purple w/ White-- Green
Red w/ White --- Blue

Once the two defrost wires are excluded and it is known one of the double wires is not needed it is easy to troubleshoot which wires correspond. _
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 4.8 liter. The truck came with power directional adjusting mirrors, manual fold in and out. Very basic. When pulling into my garage the mirrors bumped the sides of the garage as I was unable to power fold them in.
So I decided to take on the project of installing power folding mirrors with defrost(heated), turn signal built into the glass, and power directional mirror movement(SAME OPTION AS THE ORIGINAL MIRRORS)from a 2003 Silverado, bought them new.
I have done tons of research to find a way to safely and correctly make the power folding option to work along with getting the signals to work. The only way to get the defrost to work is changing the Heat Control Module/Unit to one that has the rear defrost button on it. Not to worried about that option for now.
HERE IS MY PROBLEM/DILEMMA-THE THING NOT WORKING….
I cannot get the directional movement of the mirror to move using the door panel square control switch to move the mirror a little up, down, left, right even though I followed instructions I have found online. Although this project has moved along the only power feature that worked perfectly on my stock mirrors won’t work on the new 03’ mirrors. I’m aware that the truck didn’t offer the extra mirror options. You would be surprised to see how you can borrow power somewhere-use a momentary switch, 2 relays and power folding mirrors that didn’t come with the truck now work.
Can anyone, who successfully attempted this power folding mirror conversion upgrade, help me with the final wiring instructions to make the mirrors move? Thx! Anthony
Photo shows the 5 wires off the original mirror:
Orange-hot lead for defrost(GM Wired the truck for defrost but my original mirrors didn’t have defrost)
Black-ground for heated mirror(I THINK) this black wire is questionable on why the power directional mirror doesn’t work)
White-Yellow-Light Green
These wires controlled the stock directional mirror option
These Wires were hooked up to wires on the new mirror but the new mirror won’t move.
photos included
Wire diagram photo is how I was able to get the new power folding to work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are the photos of how I wired the power folding mirrors. That works fine, the movement is the problem. The movement wires to use off the original truck harness are: yellow, white, green. The other two-black and orange are for defrost thx!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

Drivers Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
Yellow --- Yellow
Blue --- Blue
Green --- Green

Passenger Side Movement
From Panel --- Mirror
White --- Yellow
Purple w/ White-- Green
Red w/ White --- Blue

The diagram for movement doesn’t work for me. I’m working on the drivers side now and the yellow to yellow, blue to blue and green to green does not work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.