Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been a few modified duallies going missing around here lately, so looking for a way to make it a little harder for them. My wifes Avalanche had a $1200 alarm on it, and it still got stolen, so not going to waste my money on another alarm. Its a 2004 LB7. Anywhere i can run a wire to a switch from that will kill it? Dont care if it turns over or not, as long as it dont start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
you can also replace your driver door handle with a right rear door handle (so it has no key hole)

I do not know how you could do that, maybe put some sort of switch on the ignition circuits. Idk, subscribing for ideas

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
locking dsp switch with an anti-theft tune?
x2. lock it in a no start tune or a tune that will allow the truck to start so you could hear it, but wont let the truck go over 5mph.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
locking dsp switch with an anti-theft tune?
That actually was my exact plan, but running short on funds right now. By spring it'll be done but i was hoping to find a way i can wire it up this weekend to keep me safe until i can lay out a grand for efilive.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
you could put an inline switch on the crank signal wire from the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Just install a main battery cut off switch on the inside of the hood. You would have to reset your radio / clock, etc. when you turned it back on though

Attachments

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Kill switch is a good idea. I remember my old cavalier had on under the dash. Can't remember how it was wired..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my truck from a dealership in dallas and drove it to el paso where i live and it was gone in five days. I'm going to install kill switch and something else to my next one. Not sure what i will do yet. Any more ideas to add on?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Just run a switch on the VATS circuit that goes through your key, and then put a rocker switch somewhere that completes the circuit, like under the seat, in the center console, or in plain sight, as someone would probably think it's for lights or something.

BAM.... instant kill switch and 10x better than on star.

and you don't have to worry about resetting your clock/radio every time you start your truck!

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,407 Posts
Subscribed...

The Ravelco looks like a good setup.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My red truck has two of the big kill switches like what I have put on my drag cars in the past. I haven't driven it much, and there's still no stereo after it was broken into, so they work nicely.

Even with those switches, I always pull one of the main fuses. Same thing on my dually or my wife's truck when we go anywhere. If we're out at a restaurant, I always sit where I can watch the truck. Drives my wife crazy when I have them re-seat us.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
thats badass until you lose the plug :eek: something i would probably do lol
Im sure it's gotta have a way for the manufacture to build you another key if you give them the key code of some sort. I am still reading up on it, very interesting on how it works for sure

·
Registered
345 Posts
The Ravelco looks similar to the piece that has been in my dually since I bought it. I pulled it out one day because I didn't have a clue what it was, then the truck wouldn't start.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts