Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to get some perspective on the LML vs other engine models out there in terms of longevity.
Big thing here is proper maintenance is required. We all know these trucks (or any vehicle) will not last with negligent patterns of abuse and no maint.
What number have you seen in terms of mileage across the board
What should we expect for future repairs (trans injectors turbos all are fair game)
This goes for deleted and non deleted trucks.

Have some fun with this. Make it a discussion. I am certain there are many out there with the same question or thought. Thanks all

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that thread is nothing less than inspirational. If I keep up with my maint and do not overpay on my loan I will have 320,000 by the time she is paid off. Which mean I can get another 6-10 years out of her by them. Hell this truck could be handed down to my kids haha. Very cool thank for posting that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't ever keep my vehicles much past 100,000 miles for the most part. The last Duramax I had ended up with about 130,000 before I traded it off. It was the best pickup I ever owned and I literally only put three sets of tires, one set of batteries, and a brake switch and that is it. I can't hardly remember a CEL light ever even coming on. That said, it was needing a pretty decent amount of maintainance done to it, primarily in the front end and brake department. It was at the point where it was still worth a decent amount of money on trade and I wanted to upgrade to the newer platform for various reasons.

Most vehicles now days will last a long time if you take care of them, but in my case running around the farm and driving thru sagebrush pastures, corn stalk fields, etc., the chance of me getting several hundred thousand miles on a pickup without significant maintainance at some point is probably pretty slim. Also I don't have the time or knowledge to do the service to my vehicle and where I live it's hard to find a good shop that knows what they are doing and if the do the work it will cost you an arm and a leg for that service. Not the economical way to do it, but for me it's the convience factor and staying in a newer vehicle with a warranty that shouldn't need continual maintainance.

That said if you keep these things pulling trailers down the highway then they generally last a long long time. The achilles heel of the newer diesels is the emmisions. Keeping them working at highway speeds is much easier on them than idling around a job site, farm, or stop and go traffic. Everyone's situation is different.

Reactions: hilitephoto
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.