Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on a reoccuring problem that I am having with my 2001 Duramax. For the past 10 months I have had an issue with the engine not going above 2000 rpm's. This happens both in summer and winter temperatures and it is not consistant. When I first had the dealer look at it they said that they needed to replace all of the fuel injectors; fortunately it was covered under warrenty. The problem continued so I brought the truck to the dealer again. This time they said it was the turbo boost sensor so I paid to have that replaced. It did not solve the problem. Does anyone have any idea's on what the problem can be?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I also thought the fuel filter could be the problem but it wasn't; I had it replaced and still had the same issues. When the injectors were replaced, they also replaced the fuel rail.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I have not yet tried bio-diesel and I'm not consistant with filling stations. I also thought the fuel filter would be the problem but changing it did not solve the problem.

It hasn't acted up in last few days so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I do plan to bring it back to the dealer that changed the boost sensor so that they can check the codes. They assured me that they would make good on the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.