Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently called a local water treatment facility to purchase some sodium hydroxide, they told me they had a 50lb bag on hand and that i would have to fill out some paper work before I could purchase it. They later asked what I was using it for and when I told them I was making biodiesel they said they could not sell it to me for that and would not give me a reason why. Can anyone tell me any reason they might have for not selling or what they would allow me to purchase it for?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
did you tell them what biodiesel was :LMAO

they probably thought it was a bomb

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Sodium hydroxide

I order from Duda Diesel on ebay. Never an issue and can get as much as i need. Try using Potasium Hydroxide instead. It disolves much easier and processes higher titrate levels than sodium.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That idea might not be too far off with all these homeland security laws. Any one know a common retailer that carrys some? Shipping prices on internet orders are commonly more than the product.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
if you were muslim and told them you were planning a terrorist attack, they would of asked you how much do you need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts