Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help soooo.... i go out one morning to start my truck and it starts then quits. then just turns over and over and over, i pushed the primer on the fuel filter a few times and it started right up and didnt quit, ran fine all day. few days later it did the same thing... any ideas on whats going on?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
It Could possibly be a cracked fuel filter housing, bad o-ring on the wif sensor, pinhole in one of the fuel lines

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i couldnt see any leaks. i will check it over more tomorrow. i think i will change the fuel filter and both O rings just to rule that out. any other thing i should check while im into it?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
my dads truck did the same thing, he replaced the fuel filter housing and now its starts right up like new.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
i couldnt see any leaks. i will check it over more tomorrow. i think i will change the fuel filter and both O rings just to rule that out. any other thing i should check while im into it?
you wont see any leaks if the filter housing is cracked, its sucking air into the system

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
getting air in the fuel system some how

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help guys!!