Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 510 tune on my truck. intake exhaust etc.
im driving to work fuel light comes on. i work right near a gas station so i dont really pay it any attention. continue blowing smoke etc. make a sharp left turn and get on it the truck bogs down. so i let of it. all is well. pull into work parkin lot get on it again bogs down again. bear in mind i still havent put diesel in it. go to start it up to head to gas station, turns over but wont run. i take the work hummer get some diesel , 4 gallons to be precise. come back put it in prime it like you should, get all air bubbles out (i think, i primed the hell outta it) anyway still wont turn over. reset to stock tune (efi) still nothing. reset battery, still nothing. whats next. i dont wanna be stuck at work til my girl gets off. not throwing any codes either.

thanks
kyle

·
Registered
181 Posts
I say keep on trying to prime it prolly still has air. Did the same to mine and had to prime the hell out of it

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much should i prime? just keep going for like 10 more minutes maybe?

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Remove bleeder screw and pump until fuel comes out, then close bleeder screw, Pump the primer until it is hard, then unscrew the bleeder some to relieve bubbles, once bubbles are gone, close screw. Then pump it until it is hard again and then try to start the truck. Repeat a few times, but if it still doesnt work after a few trys, then you may have other issues. It takes awhile to prime these some are quicker others are slower. I did injectors on one truck and spent a half hour priming it. Then on a truck I just finished up doing HGs on It only took a couple of minutes.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Prime until fuel comes out of the bleeder screw. then give it a few more pumps until its hard. Start

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope. still no start.. primed for 3 minutes steady.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
primed some more. put screw back on. primed till hard. now my fuckin battery is dead. fantastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts