Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 lb7,i went out to leave today and it wouldnt start,just installed new fuel filter,checked for double o rings,water seperator is fine no leaks,up until tosay it was only hard to start when hot.. any ideas???????

·
Registered
10 Posts
aftermarket fuel tank? check fuel line connection at tank
also check connections above drivers side valve cover
if ok. need to check return rate possible injectors if rate high (regulator flow rate)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
did you pump the primer pump a few times and see if it would fire off? Make sure the fuel filter is tight....I had my first one get loose on me and lose prime yesterday. the filter had been on my truck for about 2000 miles. When I started to prime it, I heard air coming out of the filter. Just a thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have checked fuel filter,its tight,all fuel lines have been checked,im getting fuel at the filter and schrader valve,and it will run fine after eithered,but let sit 10 minutes and no start again,primer pump may push down once but still no start.trust me guys i have had this motor looked at 4 different dealers,2 buddies shops ,and even my peterbilt engine shop,the return rates and megapixles are fine,the only new thing that i havent tried is a new factory gas cap,i have a aftermarket lockable cap on now,it is at another dealership today.supposed to have the best duramax tech in area,GM TECH that was good thinking about fuel cap never crossed my mind,thanks ICEMAN..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another thing you can try on my 02 duramax its was the to deal with the security system after ten mins if fired right up there was a bare wire in my colum fix the problem right up..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You don't have a remote start on that truck do you? If so, the theftlock module could be bad (resistance type).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts