Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a workaround for the auto stop/start yet? It is becoming increasingly annoying when I forget to hit that button...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Put your trans in L and go to the highest gear. My father has to do this on his Traverse too...

I didnt realize this was a thing on the babymax

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not really pertinent here but I bought my wife a Buick Enclave back in April. That damn thing doesn't even have a start / stop disable button. You CANNOT turn that crap off. It drives me NUTS every time I get in that car and I think it has stalled out. Wonder how much longer that disable button will be available in even the diesel models.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
13 Posts
My work truck is an F150 with the auto stop/start and the only thing I've found other than having it programmed is to plug in a blank trailer harness into the 4 pin connector. It thinks I'm pulling a trailer but at least the stupid thing doesn't shut off at stop lights

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Auto Stops may not occur and/or Auto Starts may occur because:
. The climate control settings require the engine to be running to cool or heat the vehicle interior.
. The vehicle battery charge is low.
. The vehicle battery has recently been disconnected.
. Minimum vehicle speed has not been reached since the last Auto Stop.
. The accelerator pedal is pressed.
. The engine or transmission is not at the required operating temperature.
. The outside temperature is not in the required operating range.
. The vehicle is in any gear other than D (Drive).
. Tow/Haul Mode or other driver modes have been selected.

. The vehicle is on a steep hill or grade.
. The driver door has been opened or the driver seat belt has been unbuckled.
. The hood has been opened.

Tow/haul mode or trans not in D will work.
I find it about as simple to push the button....

Sometimes I just lift foot on brake enough to get a restart and then press brake again.
(since it won't do another stop until the minimum speed has been reached)

Reactions: jblather

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Not really pertinent here but I bought my wife a Buick Enclave back in April. That damn thing doesn't even have a start / stop disable button. You CANNOT turn that crap off. It drives me NUTS every time I get in that car and I think it has stalled out. Wonder how much longer that disable button will be available in even the diesel models.
Interesting.
GMC Acadia (2021) has a button for it.
Acadia / Enclave are not the same layout, but on Acadia it's a button on the console ahead of the cup holders.

I find the restart less annoying on the Acadia than on the LM2 but I still usually shut it off.

If the truck is 'off' for just the right amount of time, the iDash (data logging version) will shutdown and not restart. Probably a setting that can be changed, but haven't gone back and reviewed the set-up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is it's $99. I'll paste a link below. I haven't installed this nor do I personally know anyone who has but I think I'd like to. I forget all the time when I drive the truck.

Auto Stop Eliminator
I put it on mine a week after I bought it, love no longer having to deal with this feature, well worth the $99.

·
Registered
75 Posts
{ just hit that button as a matter of habit when I get in, Thank goodness it is handy and not buried in the infotainment system, or not available at all, like some vehicles.....

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Registered
897 Posts
My work truck is an F150 with the auto stop/start and the only thing I've found other than having it programmed is to plug in a blank trailer harness into the 4 pin connector. It thinks I'm pulling a trailer but at least the stupid thing doesn't shut off at stop lights
On a Ford there is a small plug to the left of the brake pedal you can unplug and it won’t cut off. The Module is to the left of the brake pedal and the plug you remove is the small one at the bottom. It makes the truck think there is a trailer hooked up all the time. It’s literally a 10 second job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jblather

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Another thought.
Does the Tow/haul disable it on the Enclave?

·
Registered
5 Posts
On a Ford there is a small plug to the left of the brake pedal you can unplug and it won’t cut off. The Module is to the left of the brake pedal and the plug you remove is the small one at the bottom. It makes the truck think there is a trailer hooked up all the time. It’s literally a 10 second job.

This ^^^^^

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Another thought.
Does the Tow/haul disable it on the Enclave?
Does it even have tow / haul? I don't know, I almost never drive it but even when I'm just riding in it it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Interesting.
GMC Acadia (2021) has a button for it.
Acadia / Enclave are not the same layout, but on Acadia it's a button on the console ahead of the cup holders.

I find the restart less annoying on the Acadia than on the LM2 but I still usually shut it off.

If the truck is 'off' for just the right amount of time, the iDash (data logging version) will shutdown and not restart. Probably a setting that can be changed, but haven't gone back and reviewed the set-up.

It's possible I missed the button but I read the owner's manual looking for a way to disable it - a disable button is absolutely not mentioned.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Does it even have tow / haul? I don't know, I almost never drive it but even when I'm just riding in it it drives me nuts.
I downloaded the Enclave OM pdf.
It says there may be is tow/haul. (trim/option level?)
I didn't see mention of a disable button either. (but of course it might still have one...)

If it is equipped:

MODE
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille

To select the Sport Mode or Tow/Haul Mode, press the MODE switch on the center stack.

Pressing the MODE switch will display options of all available ride modes in the DIC and change to the next mode.
Subsequent presses will scroll through the available modes.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dont you have an L option on your shifter? Then + and - buttons?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I downloaded the Enclave OM pdf.
It says there may be is tow/haul. (trim/option level?)
I didn't see mention of a disable button either. (but of course it might still have one...)

If it is equipped:

MODE
View attachment 1093030

To select the Sport Mode or Tow/Haul Mode, press the MODE switch on the center stack.

Pressing the MODE switch will display options of all available ride modes in the DIC and change to the next mode.
Subsequent presses will scroll through the available modes.
I'll look for that. It may have it. It's not the butt-scratcher edition, it's leather and all that but not A/C seats and all the cameras and such.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts