Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of having some things done to my truck soon and was wondering what these items do and if its worth doing.

1. PPE boost valve(Is this necessary on 06 model?)
2. PPE race valve
3. PPE ported fuel rail fitting
4. PPE fuel shim kit

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Boost increase valve is for LB7s only I believe. I think it just increase the psi needed to open the waste gate on the turbo. Race valve and fuel shim kit basically achieve the same thing; the race valve is just a solid plug for the fuel rail and the shim kit increase the amount of psi before the rail lets pressure off. And the ported fuel rail fitting just has a larger diameter to have less restricted fuel flow. If I were you I'd probably just look into the race valve or shim kit at this point.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for your response

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I agree with Andy. Go with the shim kit, but DONT drop any parts. There is a small spring and a smaller needle that many people lose. If you reinstall it without the needle it wont run. Some buy the race plug to prevent the chance of a mistake.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wat bout a ppe high performance fuel rail for an 05 LLY ?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Wat bout a ppe high performance fuel rail for an 05 LLY ?
It's a waste of money. Basically a ported and shimmed rail. Your stock rail with a shim kit will hold any rail pressure your motor could use.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No shit ? I also thought bout doin just a race fuel valve

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So pretty much race valve and shim kit are the same? I guess ill choose one of those and maybe do the ported rail fitting for more fuel.

·
Registered
593 Posts
How do u port out ur fuel rail

Ima do the race valve

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw it done on youtube but its a small fitting that is like a pinhole and the new fitting is larger and you just swap them out as far as i know

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
So pretty much race valve and shim kit are the same? I guess ill choose one of those and maybe do the ported rail fitting for more fuel.
Yeah the shim is a tad safer because it will prevent damage from a major spike in rail pressure. But they do the same job... Prevent loss of rail pressure.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Where u get it from ?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I saw it done on youtube but its a small fitting that is like a pinhole and the new fitting is larger and you just swap them out as far as i know
And some people port there own by drilling it out. But you'd have to research the how to for that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found it on the dmaxstore.com its under fuel systems and PPE youll find it under that and for only $36 bucks im considering it

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can anyone give me the location of tht ported fuel rail fitting is.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's directly behind the compressor. Remove the serpentine belt, remove the electrical connectors, remove the 4 bolts, there will be an "S" shaped fuel line both end need to be disconnected and removed (just remember which way it installs) then remove the fitting and replace, reverse process. Unless you're draining the rails you really won't see much difference. With the AirDog you'll be fine.

If you drill out your own be sure you've got every last bit of metal shaving out of there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks I found a pretty good write up with pics for an lbz thanks was size drill bit u use to drill it out 3/32 ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts