Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make my duramax fast and loud while keeping it reasonable.
i want to do... efi live, a 64mm cheetah, bigger up-pipes, BD manifold, ppe air box mod, with better filter......and to hold that a suncoast torque converter and transgo jr..... i want to get some opinions before i start spending money

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
u also need a lift pump and a fully built tranny not just a jr and tc....other than that i cant think of anything probably an exhaust to let that thing breath a lil better also fill out ur sig so we know what ya got man, good luck

·
Registered
736 Posts
^^^^ X2

Gauges also. Save the money on the 64 Cheetah and up-pipes and get the trans done. Trans, lift pump, EFI, and gauges can make you plenty fast, loud, and reasonable :D

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
oh yea gauges slipped my mind....u def. need those

·
Registered
196 Posts
and get some sleeves and make sure they send you the down pipe with the garret and also do a egr delete and straight pipe

·
Registered
582 Posts
^^^^ X2

Gauges also. Save the money on the 64 Cheetah and up-pipes and get the trans done. Trans, lift pump, EFI, and gauges can make you plenty fast, loud, and reasonable :D
This is about all you need to keep it reasonable and get you where you want. You really won't need all the other stuff unless you are planning on doing some serious racing, but if you got the money to throw at it go for it.:rockin

·
Registered
686 Posts
i want to make my duramax fast and loud while keeping it reasonable.
i want to do... efi live, a 64mm cheetah, bigger up-pipes, BD manifold, ppe air box mod, with better filter......and to hold that a suncoast torque converter and transgo jr..... i want to get some opinions before i start spending money
filling out ur sig will realy help.

if u have a 05 a transgo jr is worthless if u have a 06 transgojr is great...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was gonna get the edge insight for gauges....cognito or fabtech tie rods.... air dog 150... i want a mild efi live tune so i can keep the tranny with tc and transgo jr... and just want the cheetah for whistle

·
Registered
736 Posts
yeah i was gonna get the edge insight for gauges....cognito or fabtech tie rods.... air dog 150... i want a mild efi live tune so i can keep the tranny with tc and transgo jr... and just want the cheetah for whistle
You can get some good whistle out of a stock charger with EFI, but if you got money to blow like that than more power to ya! :drink

Adding to the money and practicality, that trans setup is a waste of it IMO.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh so i should do like a suncoast stage 3 or 4

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah well they did away with those stages so you would get the GMax6. Then throw the fuel to her!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah... just wondering how far do you think i could go with just tc and transgo jr

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok ill just do a Gmax6...and should i do any fuel upgrades besides lift pump when using efi live

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
the lift pump will flow plenty of fuel. you shuldnt need to do any thing else for fuel. let me know if i can help you out with any thing.

David

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you wouldnt happen to know how much a tc and transgo jr would hold, would you

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
probably wouldnt hold for what i want to do.. with the turbo and up-pipes and efi

1 - 20 of 35 Posts