Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I currently have an ATP EFI live on my 06 LBZ, but am getting and 07 LBZ. Can I pull my computer and DSP 5 switch throw a stock computer in my truck ( perform the relearn ) then when I the 07 LBZ throw my computer and switch in it and perform the same key relearn?
Yes I am being cheap. but would it work

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Unlike basic canned tuners, EFI tuning is done using and based on the vin number for the specific vehicle which makes your question doubtful that this could happen.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unlike basic canned tuners, EFI tuning is done using and based on the vin number for the specific vehicle which makes your question doubtful that this could happen.
The reason I ask is I read where a guy is on side of the road and ECM is bad. They replace it with another and perform some key on-off cycling and the computer finally recognizes it.So I wondered teh validity.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I'm no expert in this field, but this guy broke down I'm sure had to relearn the replaced ECM for his trucks vin.
ECM's do fail and when replaced they have to relearn to the trucks vin that its going in.
Your tunes are written for your specific trucks vin the AutoCal has your trucks vin license for tuning.
I guess you can give'er the old college try.
Have you contacted another EFI tuner master with what you'd like to do?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm no expert in this field, but this guy broke down I'm sure had to relearn the replaced ECM for his trucks vin.
ECM's do fail and when replaced they have to relearn to the trucks vin that its going in.
Your tunes are written for your specific trucks vin the AutoCal has your trucks vin license for tuning.
I guess you can give'er the old college try.
Have you contacted another EFI tuner master with what you'd like to do?
Not yet but that's a good idea, I will contact one direct and see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts