Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, ive already got a deal from the guy. Today i went and traded him my bullydog PP for a stock IHI with the up pipes and downpipe. I got this as a project to port/polish.
Anyways, as we continue talking trucks, I realize that he is not very knowlegable but does seem to have some good stuff. Apperantly his truck broke a crank, and he bought a doner (or 2?). Bottom line, heres the deal he gave me: (all LB7 parts)

Bare block
2 sets of pistons (16)
-1 pistion out of 1 set is cracked.. all other "are fine"
2 sets of connecting rods (16)
2 camshafts
1 crankshaft
D&P exhaust manifolds
all the bearings and whatnots to build.. keep in mind this is all disasemmbled and will be brought home in boxes. Minus injectors
^All of that for $200

1 set of heads for an extra $100
-These "are fine" as well...

Basically I would like to hear yalls opinions of what i could flip this stuff for and if it is worth getting. I assume he has the cp3, but i forgot to ask. I will be driving to his house which is about 2 hrs away so roughly 100$ in fuel.
If any of yall are inerested in anything ahead of time p.m. me :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
short answer- no

on the $200 list, bout the only thing worth flipping is the block, and being that is so heavy and hard to ship, really hard to get a buyer. rest of it nobody really wants.

$100 for heads might be worth it, but again, shipping is a killer.

So $300 for parts, plus $100 fuel, plus your time, not worth it if you are planning to flip it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would grab the manifold and cp3 with the FPR if he had it. Those are popular items and you could even save and use when/if the time comes.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got back up with the guy today. NO cp3, and he said the block sat out in the rain and got pitted and could use some machining. I figured the heads would be worth more than a hundo a peice? Their probly worth that in scrap metal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts