Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a 01-02 Chevy D-max. I may consider GMC's. It must be 4x4 and have cloth interior. I would prefer white, silver/gunmetal, or black. I will consider other colors, NO RED (unless the price is right.) Im not to picky when it comes to extended cab or crew cab. I would prefer a ECSB but, like stated im not picky. Im not too worried about the miles if the truck was taken care of, but I don't want anything with 200k+ and the truck looks beat up. Mods are ok, but the truck will be a daily driver. I would prefer the truck to be in NC. I live in Raleigh. But I do have family in AL, GA, and TN. Im in NO HURRY to buy a truck. I will wait a year for the RIGHT truck if I have too, with that said the sooner the better. I will consider a work truck, with no options, as long as its 4x4 and cloth interior. So im looking at anywhere from $7k-$12k. Maybe more for the RIGHT truck. ($7k if its a work truck with no options.)

Take it easy and thanks guys.

Will

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm trying to get the pics and info from my uncle. but his is a 03' GMC. The funny thing is it has every loaded option but he has cloth seats just like you want. It has dvd, bose, 6 disk changer, canopy, climate control..... the works with 85000 miles on it. He just had it detailed and went and put new tires on it and was going to send me some pictures and info..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will, I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado crew cab short bed with the Allison and push button 4WD. It is an LS with cloth seats, all power options, CD & tape, locking rear diff, trailer package & hitch, and more. It has light pewter metallic paint and chrome(factory)wheels. There are 133K miles on it right now.

I bought this truck a month ago specifically to tow a large travel trailer to my brother in Utah who lost his home to a fire ( I have a 1994 Chevy 1/2 ton gasser, but I figured that I could save some bucks on fuel and have more piece of mind with a bigger truck with a diesel). I picked it up for a good price from a dealer because it needed a fair amount of minor mechanical work, and was pretty dirty inside (previous owner was a farmer...). I replaced all four tires, new upper ball joints and control arm bushings, front rotors and pads, performed a wheel alignment, and serviced ALL the fluids and filters. The injectors were replaced under warranty at about 87K. It runs and drives great. The interior is now very clean, with no stains or tears. The body is good, with a couple of small dents that I am going to try to do paintless repair on.

I will be making the trip to Utah between April 10 to the 19th, and the truck will be available a week or two after that (I need to do some work to my older truck while this one is around). I would love to keep this truck, but the older one still meets my needs, so I just can't justify keeping it. I live in New Jersey (we could meet in the middle), and will be looking to get $12K for it. Let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Carl

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
want mine?:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will, I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado crew cab short bed with the Allison and push button 4WD. It is an LS with cloth seats, all power options, CD & tape, locking rear diff, trailer package & hitch, and more. It has light pewter metallic paint and chrome(factory)wheels. There are 133K miles on it right now.

I bought this truck a month ago specifically to tow a large travel trailer to my brother in Utah who lost his home to a fire ( I have a 1994 Chevy 1/2 ton gasser, but I figured that I could save some bucks on fuel and have more piece of mind with a bigger truck with a diesel). I picked it up for a good price from a dealer because it needed a fair amount of minor mechanical work, and was pretty dirty inside (previous owner was a farmer...). I replaced all four tires, new upper ball joints and control arm bushings, front rotors and pads, performed a wheel alignment, and serviced ALL the fluids and filters. The injectors were replaced under warranty at about 87K. It runs and drives great. The interior is now very clean, with no stains or tears. The body is good, with a couple of small dents that I am going to try to do paintless repair on.

I will be making the trip to Utah between April 10 to the 19th, and the truck will be available a week or two after that (I need to do some work to my older truck while this one is around). I would love to keep this truck, but the older one still meets my needs, so I just can't justify keeping it. I live in New Jersey (we could meet in the middle), and will be looking to get $12K for it. Let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Carl
Carl, thanks for the reply. Could I get some pictures of the truck to my email, [email protected]. I may be highly interested.

want mine?:D
Can I get some pictures to the email posted above. And a price.

Take it easy and thanks guys,

Will

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. Im going to bumb this back up. I was in a accident a couple weeks ago so I MAY have a totaled car. Not sure yet, but I want to start looking around now and see whats out there.

Im pretty much looking for the same thing as the OP is. Except, im flexible on the years. I don't want to spend over $15K, so with that being said, im looking at from 01-03/04. Maybe 05 is the price is right. I would perfer a 01-02. Thats my favorite body style and personal preference. The only thing different from the original post is, I would perfer a CCLB. But its not a must have. Any help would be great and the lower the price the better.

Take it easy guys,
Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts