Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find a 03-07 duramax with less than 90,000 miles on it... for under 18k? I want a ext cab short bed will consider crew cabs.

Thanks, Dylan

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Personally I would go with a crew cab well worth it for the extra room. Your best bet will be an LB7 03-04 in that price range but it will be a little hard to find one with less then 90000 miles.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a ext cab with 150k on it 04 with the injector update done to it at 135k. he wants 15200 and it has a gauge cluster issue.. has aftermarket wheels and a toolbox. other wise all stock. I need this truck to last me through college, what do i need to check out? Is 15200 a fair price?

thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its relativily hard to find a duramax with under 100.000 on it, especially the older models. I picked up my 02 for 6700 from a guy that had a title loan on it that was about to expire. Mine had 281,000 on it when I purchased it. The duramax should have no problems lasting upwards of 400,000mi. An 04 ext cab with newish injectors is a good deal for $15,200, but I would probably try to take him down some. Mine also had a gauge cluster issue in that the odo and gear selection display would sometimes work. I pull the cluster and found some broken and bent pins that go from the display to the main board of the cluster. The 04 has a different cluster with the DIC instead of the message center, so it may be slightly more indepth, but is most likely fixable.

Main things that I checked on mine, or wish I would have:
*transfer case - 18mm ratchet wrench on the check plug (higher of the 2)
-GM has a huge issue with the pump wear on these causing fluid to lost while driving and then be used dry, which is very very bad
- I was unaware of this when I purchased mine and it cost me $1,700 for a GM re manufactured mine was beyond repair.
*Check the air filter good indication of type of care it has had
*look at and smell the trans dipstick (if Allison)
*look smell the engine oil dipstick
*ask if it has had any programmer or anything run on it performance wise.
*ask about general maintenance specifically the fuel filter, oil, oil filter, tranny fluid, tranny internal filter, and spin on filter
*make sure it engages to into 4hi and 4lo if it is push button
*look at the rear cab corners for rust
hope this helps, there is a whole post somewhere with checklists.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here is mine for sale... I'll take 20K
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD with the Duramax (82,000 miles) and Allison transmission. This is a crew cab, two wheel drive, SLT model. This truck has: Dual Power, Leather, Heated seats, On Star, Bose Stereo, Dual Power Extendable Tow Mirrors, Dual Zone Climate Control, and every other option that I didn't list. This truck has been meticulously maintained and is excellent shape inside and out. I've went ahead and changed every fluid and filter so the next guy doesn't have to do anything for a while, and I only use the best filters and top of the line synthetics.
The truck also has brand new E rated tires and a spray in bed liner. If you are looking for a low miles, 1 owner, fully loaded crew cab duramax this is it. 21,000 OBO. Free and clear title in hand, never been smoked in or wrecked.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Irish man
320 Posts
There is a few of them in hawaii in your price range the newest is an 05 60k it I have a friend with a beautiful ex cc 6in lift and weld 20-12 with banks everything with under 35k in your price range the shiping is crazy just a heads up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts