Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad Is Looking To Buy A Loaded Cc,sb, Gmc 4x4 Duramax Before The Urea Trucks Hit But The Duramax Plant Freeze Is Killing The Search. If Anybody Knows A Dealership Or What Ever That Has A dark Blue One Please Let Me Know And Maybe The Name And Number Of The Stealer.
If Anyone Knows Of A Nice Used One 2008-2010 With Low Miles Also Please Let Me Know.
Thanks Alot
Brian

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump For The Eve

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's in Klamath Falls Or just over the border from Calif. I've been on my gm supplier website and have looked from sacramento to Boise/Twin falls to seattle and portland..nothing. what lot did you find yours?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't know just how far you are willing to go, but there are a few down in central CA. I just checked a couple of dealer websites and they didn't list color (generic adds) but they did have multiple loaded 2500HD's. Shoot me a PM if I can be of any help to you, I've got nothing better to do in the middle of the night!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Roe in Grant's Pass had it. The bulk of the Duramax trucks were in ID, WA and OR. Practically nothing nothing in CA, NV, AZ, and UT. I opened google maps on one page and the GMC search tool on another. It took only about 3 hours to search the entire western US and print more than 30 VINs with the colors I wanted. This was back in September and the numbers have been dwindling ever since. My dealer in Folsom, CA worked every dealer and none would budge. He finally talked him into trading a loaded black CC to get mine, a white one and my least desirable color. Try Chevy too. I know they are butt ugly (no offense bowtie guys) but they are more plentiful. I found a few more of those in northern WA.

You have a supplier code? Good luck. So do I but none of the dealers would take it for these trucks because they know they are in short supply. Sticker on mine was $51,800 and the best I could do was $49,300 where the supplier price was closer to $47,300. The saving grace is my finance company got me $6,000 back from GM instead of the $4,000 available to the public. Also, since I am a farmer, they got me an exemption from the 9.25% Calif. sales tax. So, overall, it was a great deal but no thanks to the dealers.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well alot of this i believe is due to the plant shut down in Dec thru Apr. I believe they are going to build another build of the LMM before going to the LML so we'll see what happens. He wants a dark blue cc, sb, slt, loaded but doesnt care about the nav or the sunroof. He said must be GMC though. thanks so far for the info. also GREGORIO all the dealerships here in Vancouver have duramax's but no blue ones. They told me no problem on the supplier price. Problem is the supplier is mine and in order for my dad to use it i would have to buy one to because they re vamped the program now. When i bought mine in 06' i took the voucher into a local dealer they said sure we take that...then i called Dave Smith motors in Kellogg Id. and got a qoute 500.00 cheaper than supplier for more options so the dealer here beat that price by 100.00 and i ended up shredding the supplier certificate. I paid 35,900 for a loaded crewcab.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's great news on the supplier discount. They would not even look at it for the Extended Cabs I wanted. I noticed they changed the rules too. You could always buy the truck for him :)

I found only one in Reno but there are dozens of them in every other color all over California.

WINKEL PONTIAC-GMC TRUCK
900 KIETZKE LN
RENO, NV 89502-2018
Phone: (775) 329-0831
GM Certified Internet Manager: Geoff Green
Year: 2010
Model: Sierra
Type: 4WD
Engine: DURAMAX 6.6L DIESEL V8 TURBO ENGINE
Transmission: ALLISON 1000 6-SPD TRANSMISSION
Exterior: Midnight Blue Metallic
Interior: Ebony
VIN#: 1GT4K1B67AF106348
Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price Standard Vehicle Price: $ 43,860.00

Options installed by Manufacturers
REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM
$ 450.00

SLT CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
ADJUSTABLE POWER PEDALS
LOCKING TAILGATE
EZ-LIFT TAILGATE
REAR PARKING ASSIST
$ 585.00

AM/FM STEREO W/6-DISC CD
(REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
$ 300.00

ALLISON 1000 6-SPD TRANSMISSION
$ 1,200.00

UNDER SEAT STORAGE
(DEALER INSTALLED)
$ 162.00

POWER REAR SLIDING WINDOW
(REPLACES REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
IF STD OR ORDERED)
$ 250.00

PWR HTD OUTSIDE CAMPER MIRRORS
W/TURN SIGNAL, CONVEX GLASS
(REPLACES STD/OPT MIRRORS)
$ 55.00

TRAILERING WIRING PROVISIONS
$ 35.00

9,200 LBS GVWR
NO CHARGE

DURAMAX 6.6L DIESEL V8 TURBO
ENGINE
$ 7,195.00

3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO
NO CHARGE

OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION PKG INCL:
OFF-ROAD SKID PLATES
HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER
$ 275.00
Total Options:$ 10,507.00
Total Vehicle & Options:$ 54,367.00
Destination Charge:$ 995.00

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Would Buy It For Him But I Live In Wa And He Lives In Oregon. We Would Have To Pay Sales Tax On It Plus Then He Couldnt Take Advantage Of The 0% For 60 Mos. Thanks For The Find

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unless they changed something else, I think the program only requires it to be registered to you. It did not say where it had to be registered. Use your name and his address. No sales tax that way.

Why would you not be able to get the 0%?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because I Would Have To Finance It Under My Name Then He Would Have To Basically Buy It From Me

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh sure. I see what you mean. You have to keep it for at least a year, I think. Well, I can't think of anyone I'd rather buy a car for than my dad! What about being on the contract together? You buy, he finances?

Anyway, sorry if all the brainstorming is annoying. I hate to see anyone pay more than they have to for something. Hope it works for both of you.
Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.