Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel I buy is already winterized. Never had a problem with it gelling. I have both the XDP power plus and the polar D. Should I add more winterizing with the Polar D or just run the power +?

·
Vendor
254 Posts
The fuel I buy is already winterized. Never had a problem with it gelling. I have both the XDP power plus and the polar D. Should I add more winterizing with the Polar D or just run the power +?
There are a few variables such as where you live and the outside temperature.

If you live in a northern climate with extremely cold winters, you should probably consider switching over to Polar D as the temperatures approach the freezing point. Make sure to increase the amount of Polar D as the temps drop down even further. Also remember to add it before pumping your fuel. This will help ensure a good mixture throughout the fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I live in Eastern Oregon where winter temps average in the 20-30's with times getting much colder. Sounds like a should probably just run the Polar D.

·
Vendor
254 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I live in Eastern Oregon where winter temps average in the 20-30's with times getting much colder. Sounds like a should probably just run the Polar D.
Since you are in Oregon, switching over to Polar-D in the winter is a good idea.:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts