Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my y bridge anyone know where I can get a good deal on one ?

And has any one mod. There up pipe like cut and welded it shut where ur ys off to the egr
This is on an lly

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
Merchant automotive. Taking that up-pipe off is quite a bit of work. A cheap EGR blocker plate would be alot easier.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ur right but if its something gonna b premitate I would feel better if it was welded or completely replaced

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
Haha. I understand where your coming from, but you might get to the first up-pipe bolt and then say "F**K IT!" Sounds like you have a nice truck! Good luck!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true haha I love a challenge tho thanks man

Glad to see ur paying your way with ur mods and truck nothing pisses me off more than to see kids with bad ass toys they didn't work work

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
897 Posts
Built with my own blood and sweat. Although no tears yet.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I didn't do it myself, but had a modded up pipe installed when I had the EGR deleted. Welded plate over the hole and then there's a spot threaded for an EGT probe. If you don't already have an EGR delete pipe All Season Diesel sells a sweet delete pipe with the y-bridge mounted as one piece.

·
Registered
968 Posts
SDP has nice stuff

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wats the difference in Profab performance short bridge and sdp race egr delete

·
Registered
619 Posts
The EGR delete replaces the intake manifold where the EGR cooler currently hooks up. The y-bridge is just after the intake manifold and splits the air to each side of the engine. Both are restrictive. All Season Diesel sells a piece that has both, all aluminum construction, very nice..it's what I'm running..

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Idk sdp egr delete, but profab replaces stock y bridge and makes a 3" pipe into it with a 3" boost tube that deletes the egr

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You don't have to replace the boost tube though do you? It's already the cold side...
Profab deletes the egr setup so you can get just the egr delete or the new y-bridge with the new 3" boost tube that runs down in a complete different spot and also deletes the egr

·
Registered
619 Posts
Profab deletes the egr setup so you can get just the egr delete or the new y-bridge with the new 3" boost tube that runs down in a complete different spot and also deletes the egr
Is that where the pipe comes up infront of the alternator?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts