Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again here I sit with a blown out y bridge. This is the third time this has happen since I installed my egr delete kit and I’ve decided to go with a wehrli fab y bridge so I don’t have to keep fixing it. My question is who has done it and how long does it take. I am pretty mechanically inclined and found the egr delete very easy but wasn’t sure on the y bridge. Also does the turbo need to be loosened in order to get the bolts out? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Once again here I sit with a blown out y bridge. This is the third time this has happen since I installed my egr delete kit and I’ve decided to go with a wehrli fab y bridge so I don’t have to keep fixing it. My question is who has done it and how long does it take. I am pretty mechanically inclined and found the egr delete very easy but wasn’t sure on the y bridge. Also does the turbo need to be loosened in order to get the bolts out? Thanks in advance!
Whos delete kit have you used? still sitting on my CNC EGR delete and IC pipe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it was by Rudy’s Diesel, was only $150 shipped, was only able to get one of the support brackets to line up which I’m sure is the issue, not really a fan of it so I figured why not replace it with a better setup and not have any future issues like this.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I believe it was by Rudy’s Diesel, was only $150 shipped, was only able to get one of the support brackets to line up which I’m sure is the issue, not really a fan of it so I figured why not replace it with a better setup and not have any future issues like this.
The brackets are only aluminum have you tried to twist them into place to make them fit. my system is virtually the same one you have and will be installing it next week. I have the luxury of being a machinist so can make tabs elongated or shims if need be. I think the key is getting the front bolt closest to the Y bridge connection in and tight.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The brackets are only aluminum have you tried to twist them into place to make them fit. my system is virtually the same one you have and will be installing it next week. I have the luxury of being a machinist so can make tabs elongated or shims if need be. I think the key is getting the front bolt closest to the Y bridge connection in and tight.
Once again here I sit with a blown out y bridge. This is the third time this has happen since I installed my egr delete kit and I’ve decided to go with a wehrli fab y bridge so I don’t have to keep fixing it.
Yeah that is the only one I could get to line up, the other hole needed another shim, and the one closer to the front of the block was off by inches, It also didnt line up very well with the inter cooler boot when it was bolted in either.

This may be too little too late but here's a link to Profab's solution to this issue: https://profabperformance.com/jm2/i...y-2004-5-2005/product/81-lbz-lmm-bridge-strap
I thought about doing just the strap be decided if I’m already going to be in there and need new o rings for it why not just put the money towards a y bridge kit, plus I don’t like the fitment of my current kit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I thought about doing just the strap be decided if I’m already going to be in there and need new o rings for it why not just put the money towards a y bridge kit, plus I don’t like the fitment of my current kit.
Gotcha, if you don't mind could you post up some pics of what's going on with the part you're having problems with and the new part after you're done? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing how you skin this cat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha, if you don't mind could you post up some pics of what's going on with the part you're having problems with and the new part after you're done? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing how you skin this cat.
No problem, y bridge should be in tomorrow and hope to have it installed tomorrow night.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I just installed my CNS Motors EGR delete last night and a guy told me I was going to blow out my y bridge and I definitely don't want to do that. Any advice on how to avoid that situation lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For some reason I cannot get the pictures of my issues to load, but I am very satisfied with the new y bridge, it was a major PITA to get in but it’s done now.

As for trying to prevent from yours blowing out you may look into a strap but as long as the delete tube is bolted in place and lines up with the y bridge correctly you should be ok.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did pudher's intake y-bridge on mine. ten hours perched on the core support and had to sacrifice a ratchet wrench to some modifications to get it all done. 1/4 inch drive extensions, sockets and swivels/ swivel sockets come in handy on this project

·
Registered
1 Posts
For some reason I cannot get the pictures of my issues to load, but I am very satisfied with the new y bridge, it was a major PITA to get in but it’s done now.

As for trying to prevent from yours blowing out you may look into a strap but as long as the delete tube is bolted in place and lines up with the y bridge correctly you should be ok.
Old thread i know.... but do you remember how you got the P/S front lower nut on? Been trying all sorts of combos and can't seem to get it on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts