Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to buy a rhino. Anyone have one? Likes dislikes? I would be using it to hunt, and maybe some light plowing.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a 700 and i love it .......they arent the fastest or most powerful sxs but they are tough and reliable imo.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of drivetrain are they? Belt, shaft chain?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Shaft drive axles. Trans is belt drive. Independent rear suspension. Very reliable, very tuff, if maintenanced correctly!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the belt protected enough for mud? Or will it slip

·
Registered
591 Posts
It is snorkeled behind the seat and if you get water in it it has a drain plug so you can usually drain it and keep going.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
have an 08 700fi and its absolutely great and we beat the shit out of it! Never had a problem other than 2 rear cv axles because the boots got torn and fked the joints up... but other than that no problems in 3 years!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
great rides for not a terrible price. I still like a Polaris Ranger better bc they are tuffer. The rhinos I have been around and played on cant take much abuse before stuff goes to breaking (axles on not very aggresive tires, tierods, etc). but man the rhinos are comfy.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Is the belt protected enough for mud? Or will it slip
Its fine for mud. Ive had them under water and mud without a problem. The axles breaking is not really a big problem. I had one for 5 years and only broke one CV joint and cut one boot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Use my rhino everyday working, so far no problems. It's out in a muddy field all day everyday and never got it stuck yet...*knock on wood*

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input! I'm going to check a few out. How are the 450's for power? They still Lil torque monsters or should I go for the 660 or 700?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I've had my Rhino for 4 years....might not be the fastest, but goes everywhere I want to go, without any problems. Very reliable...just gas up and go...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Thanks for the input! I'm going to check a few out. How are the 450's for power? They still Lil torque monsters or should I go for the 660 or 700?
I would get a 660 or higher, 700fi would be the best, depends on your $. The 450 will just end up pissing you off, and have you wishing you would of got the higher cc! IMO

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I have a Rhino and so does my father... I have a 660 and he has a 700... ZERO problems, I plow with mine all the time...do work, use the bed, etc... never had one single issue yet. I will say though...my 660 with a beefed up ECM will DESTROY my fathers 700 with a chip.. we raced, I won :D Everytime!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
yea the upgraded sheave is a excellent upgrade for the rhino also gives it a lot more bottom end. The 450s arent worth buying imo

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a 700, squeaks alot and engine noise is horrible (though better than the 660)

My vote goes to the Polaris Ranger they are just bigger and harder to get around than my Rhino.

I think they will have to do some major refining to the Rhino before I would buy another. And dont buy a 450 they really are disgustingly slow

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I have a 700, squeaks alot and engine noise is horrible (though better than the 660)

My vote goes to the Polaris Ranger they are just bigger and harder to get around than my Rhino.

I think they will have to do some major refining to the Rhino before I would buy another. And dont buy a 450 they really are disgustingly slow
I agree with the 450 not being a good option....I have a 660 and pleased with the performance.. Here's a pic of my Rhino

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^that's a sick lookin rig! Sweet input! So no 450, not worth the lil bit of money I'll save. I'll just have to dig up a gun rack and a plow. I can't wait! I do a lot of hunting down in Florida and there's a whole lot of walkin involved. Do they sell quieter exhaust or are they pretty quiet to start out with?

·
Registered
510 Posts
exhaust is fairly quiet, engine is just retarded loud at higher rpm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts