Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chris,

I could have done this via PM but decided to put it out here so all can see my stance on stuff like this. Please do not join in on the bashing of any sponsors or members for that matter. As mods we are supposed to be held to a higher standard than the regular members and your post here: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/619076-post8.html should not have been posted.

I would appreciate it if you could stay out of the bashing threads unless it is to offer up constructive criticism, advice, or to calm the situation down. Thanks for understanding and if you have any questions, just let me know.

FYI it was the vendor that complained and is threatening to pull their sponsorship. I told them to do what they want, but would like to avoid situations like this in the future.

Nadeem

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
moved to the trustee section as i dont think he can see the admin/mod section

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Right or wrong, our titles should not limit us to keeping out oppinions to our selve, ATS shit dose not work, the guys at ats are douch bags, I know wording has a lot to do with how stuff come across but if the F>U>C>K bag vendors of this site are gonna rule then im out.

Caleb

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I will refrain from bashing but I will still inform people that there are much better options out there. I dont like those people one bit and they need to learn how to run a company. Why would you wanna do business with people that act like 10 year olds when criticized? I even gave them a perfectly good reason why I dont care for their products. Then the whole damn place signed on to bash me, even their fat ass secretary. It was someone from inside ATS that logged on as stinger999 from a cell. They need to hire some adults over there.

x2 on what Caleb said.

ATS is in the same category as Banks and Edge. Pretty ads and tough talk, but when the time comes to prove their worth you find out what's really going on.

I'll leave them alone from now on.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
keli and stinger were both from ats, keli answers the phones at ats, i havent found out who stinger is yet, or what he does, i got a phone call last night on that information but i will keep the informants name to myself

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i see your point Nadeem,i also agree that even then we should be able to voice our opinions but in a TACTFUL way only!

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
i see your point Nadeem,i also agree that even then we should be able to voice our opinions but in a TACTFUL way only!
i agree with james :drink

but that is kinda b.s that they would have people log on to bash

·
3,162 Posts
When wade left ATS, ats died, atleast the dmax side of it, now they have brian........with the leadership of clint....... Banks and edge are a step ahead of ats, they market and sell to the less the 500 hp crowd, thats all ats should sell to but they try to come off as the end all be all of the over 500 hp crowd.....

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
I would be almost positive I know who Stinger was. The only other person we ever banned who thought having a fast truck made him the shit. I know it is hard to hold the ole tougne sometimes. I have had to delete alot of my own posts before I post them when people act like dumb asses. I think Brian took ATS down a couple notches with his 10 year old boy comments. Is it possible for a Trustee to file a complaint on a vendor??The way Brian acted was unaceptable as a vendor as well. He did break some of the rules with his posting.
4.8 Any problems that may arise and need discussion between Vendors and or Vendors and Staff is to be done in the Vendor/Staff forum. It is not to take place in the open forums.
4.9 Vendors are required to comply with all of the site's general rules.

2.9 Post information about race, religion, political views, threats, intimidations, harassments, coercions, or uncivil, insulting, vile, or obscene language. It should also not include false, profane, or malicious statements concerning any member of Duramaxforum.com.

Those are just a few. I do of couse realize that Chris broke a few as well.

·
Yep!
4,905 Posts
Right or wrong, our titles should not limit us to keeping out opinions to our selves I know wording has a lot to do with how stuff come across but if the F>U>C>K bag vendors of this site are gonna rule then im out.

Caleb
I to feel this way!!!! Its bad enough that we get bashed for enforcing the rules, But when the vendors thank they can start crap and get away with it because they thank they are above the rules it gets old. Hell Nadeem go through the admin/mod forum and look at all the threads about vendors starting crap and us having our hands tied because they pay to be here. What everyone seems to forget is that we do this for free, and we take a lot of crap for doing it, and if they dont like the way we do it then piss on them and let them move on. I cant even count how many times I have typed something then never hit the post button because I am not allowed to say what I thank because it will start a pissing match.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Typing it in the reply box does seem to help a little though.Even though I do not hit the post button either. It is awful tempting sometimes.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I think we ll know that as a staff member we have to stay neutral and stand behind a vendor. But, its hard to do when they cant stand behind ther own product. I know that brian pays to be a member here but how does that benifit us? If he droped a sponsorship what would that do for us staff? After being in buisness for myself I for one know that a staff member will help and protect a company if they get incentives.

Ya me too! Pretty shitty how i am a paying vendor and it's allowed so I took it upon myself to send a lovely PM to the administrators. DMAXChris has something great coming to him
I seriously have a problem with this. 1. Hes is threaten Chris and his job as a trustee, 2. He is saying in open forum that he basically controls the staff, there opinions and actions on this forum.

Typing it in the reply box does seem to help a little though.Even though I do not hit the post button either. It is awful tempting sometimes.
Take some as you want. When I get upset I sit naked indian style on the floor in front of my computer, say wooosaa woooooosaaaa and rub my ear lobes. I just got done with a 20minute session after reading the ats thread :rof

Ok now picture that mentally :kick1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Take some as you want. When I get upset I sit naked indian style on the floor in front of my computer, say wooosaa woooooosaaaa and rub my ear lobes. I just got done with a 20minute session after reading the ats thread :rof

Ok now picture that mentally :kick1
:eek::eek::eek:
I hear ya guys,I never start shit with anyone,but I am fully prepared to do what is right!I don't argue with anyone in open forums cause I know I never would have the satisfaction of slapping the piss outta the bastard,well I GOT HOT ONCE huh Craig??:rofNo one has sid so but sometimes i get the impression the vendors think cause they pay we cannot ask certain stuff of them....This is also true of lifetime members also...

·
3,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Diesel
Ya me too! Pretty shitty how i am a paying vendor and it's allowed so I took it upon myself to send a lovely PM to the administrators. DMAXChris has something great coming to him

Now that pisses me off, brians post are gonna be my new best freind!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
in the end we'll do as asked becuz we all love what we do! sighs!it has been a priviledge to me to be a mod here but i will say this that it has been very stressful at times due to some of the cat fights between sponsors and well quite frankly there is 2 certain vendors that seem to be worse then the others and the one that comes to mind has taken 1st place with flying colors as the most cantankerous vendor ever!i wont mention names:D but i think from the reported post section you all can catch my drift!
now for the posting part,i think in truth when it comes down to it we as Mods and trustees still have to rise above and avoid posting our opinions on certain brands and vendors to avoid conflict,now if you must warn the member PM him but keep it quiet and i think for the future of the Duramax Forum and us it would be the high road! wow i cant believe i said all that but anyhow in truth its how i feel!hope that makes sense!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
well heck everyone is posting their opinion, so here it goes... I've been on this site since 07 and have kept my mouth shut for a LONG time. In the past year or so...and you can tell who they are....the ATS gang (AKA Newly, etc..) have been coming on here and starting fights non-stop. I swear I've heard the term (you guys and your pathetic trucks) (you guys and your pussy trucks) (you guys and your slow trucks) (you're all idiots and don't know anything about trucks) etc.. etc.. All they do is bash, make fun of members, start fights, etc... I even at one point called ATS because I was interested in their product, and Bryan ticked me off so bad that I hung up on him....he was a complete A-hole and had a rude opinion about everyone/everything. So in my experiences, if it were up to me ATS would of been canned off this site a long time ago. I consider myself to be a good Christian, and making someone feel like crap because they aren't rich, or don't have a better truck than you is not cool in my book...and ATS represents that attitude.

·
Timeless Perfection!
795 Posts
So I'm looking for a new Tranny? Should I go Suncoast or ATS? what do you guys think?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Or you could just paint your stocker purple and still have a longer lasting tranny..LOL

·
Timeless Perfection!
795 Posts
Don't hold back guys tell me how you really..................

I see the point, he pays to be here, and as mods we have to be held to a higher standard as we are to serve to forum, and the people who pay keep things running....
However, just cuz he pays to sell here, we don't have to kiss his ass. Just like the problem w/ Tyler, he made it good and usually takes really good care of the mods and everyone else, things happen that sometimes just can't be helped. We learn as we go...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts