Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1461 - 1480 of 1497 Posts

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
Sprayed the piss of the plugs again with brake cleaner, dielectric greased and plugged back in, still was goofy this morning. Late afternoon I fired it up to pull it forward to wash engine bay out and it magically was fixed. So got to beat on it a lil bit. Violent, would be the best word to describe it . Hits hard when that turbo lights. It is def shifting completely different. Even after some good miles to get everything in sync. Seems to just hammer through the gears when I'm casually driving. May have to do some trans tuning or maybe has to learn more. I've only made a few lil hits with tune 4. Terrified to get on it and mess something else up. Hit 27k rail pressure and no leaks whatsoever so think I'll be good, just got to build the confidence back up. Local NWDC event is this weekend so should be finally getting it on the dyno

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear that everything is working properly and No LEAKS! Put up a good number this weekend.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,462 ·
Not trying to set myself up for a disappointment but thinking I should at least be in the 700s. Dude that had the exact same setup except he had 60s put down lil over 700 at Randys. Forget who tunes his truck, guess we'll see how mean Mark tunes it

Reactions: Noble_dmax

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
Well should have hit 4 then 5 but I did 3&4 instead. Driving on street I didn't think it was going to light as good as it did. 637 on tune 3 and 709 on tune 4. Pretty stoked with that, especially because it was first tune, havent even logged it yet to clean things up a lil

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
Well playing around on tune 5 and popped the seal or fractured injector 7 hardline. It will not stay sealed for anything now after 15k psi. Leaking right out the top of the threaded portion on top of injector. Makes zero sense to me. No matter how hard I crank it down it just starts leaking again

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
Well playing around on tune 5 and popped the seal or fractured injector 7 hardline. It will not stay sealed for anything now after 15k psi. Leaking right out the top of the threaded portion on top of injector. Makes zero sense to me. No matter how hard I crank it down it just starts leaking again

Man that blows Zach. Wonder why its doing that?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,467 ·
Ya, I'm leaving towards a hairline crack or something. This is how its sitting in the injector, rail side is still tight, only loosened the injector side. So don't really understand how that can't stay sealed

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,468 ·
So thinking real hard about going to an s400 with wagler's twisted pedestal

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,469 ·
And dmaxstore is going to warranty the hardline. It won't even seal at idle so i cant see how it doesn't have a hairline crack

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,470 ·
And as far as color scheme I've finally decided what the truck will be getting painted. All engine components will be matte black (the new wagler intake manifold for now, rest will be done when engine gets built). Piping and traction bars will be chrome/transparent copper and will have a metallic black raptor paintjob. The wheels will be chrome base and have the deep gloss black where current black is and the machined areas will have the copper
F221288141.jpg Capture+_2021-07-03-09-37-38~2.png 1116200918a_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,472 ·
Yep, pretty set on it, want to sell current setup first

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,473 ·
So wherli won't do the transparent copper and won't sell the kit raw either. Local powder coat says the transparent colors are very inconsistent, I imagine thats why they won't do the transparent color. So pretty sure I'll be going with the illusion orange instead

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,474 ·
So got an estimate through werhli on the twisted kit. Gated pedestal and the cap to plug until I compound it, intake manifold, the install kit, compound turbo style coolant reservoir, master cylinder cover is $5400. Everything will be illusion orange with flat black logos minus the manifold and pedestal. Pedestal has a ceramic coating and manifold will be flat black. I have to send the gtx4294r to them for mockup and while its there they are going to coat the compressor housing orange as well. Also all clamps will be done in flat black as well. Also ordered the hsp forward facing thermostat housing kit in orange as well. And also joining the "bro" scene, ordered spiked lug nuts . Got them in flat black for now, I think after truck is painted and wheels get done the lug nuts will be done in orange as well

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,475 ·
Also going to be putting both batteries in the bed and while its all tore down I will be cleaning up the wiring and relooming everything

Reactions: 1TRIKHD and toxic

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
So is the order placed yet and turbo sent out for mockup? Lol

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,477 ·
I'll probably pay today, got to add a turbo blanket and then I decided I'm going to have the raised "wagler" on the intake coated with orange. From pics I've seen its pretty visible with everything installed. Think it'll be a nice lil touch. I might be ocd enough that I AN a lot of lines, we'll see

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
You cant really notice my wagler intake so I decided to leave it raw. To each there own though. Lol

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,479 ·
Shit, I didnt even know you were running it. Your thread is so monsterous, its hard to keep track . Theyre not going to do the emblem, say the casting makes it hard for a clean look so just flat black it is

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,480 ·
Not sure what I was doing years ago when I tried doing trans tuning with Kory, but I had no issues flashing Mark's trans tuning in. What a difference!!! Stab it pretty much anywhere and it just goes, no lugging. What rpms are you guys seeing on your upshifts when you're just creepin? I love how it stays on top of the downshifts but seems like it holds the upshift just a touch to long

Reactions: Noble_dmax
1461 - 1480 of 1497 Posts