Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1481 - 1496 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
Not sure what I was doing years ago when I tried doing trans tuning with Kory, but I had no issues flashing Mark's trans tuning in. What a difference!!! Stab it pretty much anywhere and it just goes, no lugging. What rpms are you guys seeing on your upshifts when you're just creepin? I love how it stays on top of the downshifts but seems like it holds the upshift just a touch to long

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Its been so long since I've driven my truck I am not help here Zach

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,482 ·
Ha, I didnt even realize all the wagler stuff was in your signature. I pretty much just use the app and didn't see your sig. And all good, when's your truck supposed to be ready?

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
Ha, I didnt even realize all the wagler stuff was in your signature. I pretty much just use the app and didn't see your sig. And all good, when's your truck supposed to be ready?

Your guess is as good as mine, probably wont be till end of August maybe not at all after everything is said and done.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,484 ·
Damn, I got 6-8 weeks before everything is ready to ship. Pipes and turbo are sold and luckily the guys aren't in a rush so it'll be a lil while before I tear mine back down

·
Registered
19,240 Posts
Damn, I got 6-8 weeks before everything is ready to ship. Pipes and turbo are sold and luckily the guys aren't in a rush so it'll be a lil while before I tear mine back down

Someone bought your old setup already? Thats nice and pretty quick sell.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,486 ·
1 guy, who is deployed, wants the turbo and another wants the pipes/runners

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,487 ·
I tell ya, Mark's customer service is top notch. Just all the time on top of it answering my noob questions getting my revisions promptly. I got a revision that lowered the curve on the low throttle side and did a relearn today. Ran a lot of errands today so got quite a few shifts in on the big tune so the trans got it pretty well figured out. So same light throttle through the shifts 2-3 is holding out to about 2800, 3-4 is holding out a lil long still at about 3100 and 4-5 is about 2800. I think one more revision will have it pretty well dialed. Probably don't quite need that much rpm with the variable vane but I think the fixed 70mm will like it. I just love the fact I can daily around on tune 5 and there really isn't any thick smoke, stays pretty clean

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,488 ·
So not sure why, but keep throwing a p0742 code. From what I found the torque converter should be stuck locked up and that is definitely not the case. When I put it in park it throws the shift range inhibited crap on the display and won't let me put it in gear until I clear it.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,489 ·
Changed ignition switch out and no more goofy trans codes and shift range inhibited

Reactions: toxic and 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,490 ·
So plan on running 4/0 from the bed up to the driver side firewall and thinking I'll use this for a distribution block. Line Side: (1) 3/0 AWG - 400 MCM, Load Side: (2) 8 AWG - 1 AWG, (4) 8 AWG - 6 AWG, (5) 8 AWG - 4 AWG, 600V, 335 Amp. Was planning on a 400a fuse off of batteries but perhaps a 300a will work and also protect the block. Not sure if I'll be completely removing the passenger battery side wiring and just wire in the existing driver side or just run both ds and ps wiring into it. If I recall right the existing battery cables are 2 gauge. I'm guessing that should be enough to handle everything with only one power wire from the block right? No different than just using one battery. And not sure if I'm going to get a separate cheaper block for the ground or just splice the 2 together. I think I'd like to be able to disconnect at the firewall. Also somewhere I'll be putting a switch in to cut power. I'm thinking maybe on the outside of the tool box. Be half a pain with the tonneau cover but really don't plan on ever using it. Basically just an emergency thing

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,491 ·
Well its been awhile but got a lil race action in yesterday on my way home. There's a lot of hotrod diesels around here I just never am going the same direction. Went by a 6.7 ford that was turning onto the main road. He eventually caught up and wanted a piece. I gave him 4-5 pieces with tune 4 then he dropped WAY back . Feels good that this thing is finally running good and having no issues

·
Registered
21,395 Posts
Well its been awhile but got a lil race action in yesterday on my way home. There's a lot of hotrod diesels around here I just never am going the same direction. Went by a 6.7 ford that was turning onto the main road. He eventually caught up and wanted a piece. I gave him 4-5 pieces with tune 4 then he dropped WAY back . Feels good that this thing is finally running good and having no issues

there’s nothing like putting a gap on someone. 😂

·
Registered
19,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,494 ·
No BSing Russ. Well now I have a constant U0101 code so not sure if wire issues or TCM. I just find it odd that all this came up after flashing my TCM. Have a new revision to lessen the rpm for 3-4 shift but I'm unable to flash it. Not sure what I'm going to do. May just send it to mark when I tear the truck down to see if he can bench flash it. I do have to check the 9&69 pin for continuity. Luckily I can still drive it with the code, don't foresee any road tripping with it until its fixed tho

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,495 ·
Also got my distribution blocks, kill switch, and 400a anl fuse setup. Goin to go check out toolboxes now. Then need to go to local welding shop and price out some 4/0
0731211648_HDR.jpg 0731211648a_HDR.jpg 0731211648b_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,496 ·
Seems I have power to the TCM and nsbu switch. Weird thing is when I clear the u0101 code my DRLs turn on like its in gear. Few secs later when the u0101 code kicks back on the DRLs shut off

1481 - 1496 of 1496 Posts