Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had an allison in my other truck and I purchaced another dmax with a 6spd manual. does anyone know anything about transmission kits for them? whats a good brand, prices, what all should I do to "beef it up", ect..thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
is that the only thing I can do? also is it normal for that brand to make funny noises? i have a buddy that has one in a cummins and it rattles and sounds like shit..didnt know if that was normal..

Registered
i havent heard of any problems in anybodys on here
i think it is the best thing u can do for your manual tranny

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
what would u all recommend, the double disk or triple disk?

Registered
it depends on your future goals
but i say do it right the first time and dont have to worry and do triple

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good, thanks! it just had a clutch put in it b4 I bought it..so I have a clutch with only 1,500 miles on it if you know of anyone with a manual, they are a little rare..:gearjamin

Registered
theres a guy on here by the name of 05_LLY that i think has the fastest quarter mile manual for the dmax

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
well I definatly dont want anything like that..but I do plan on building it and maybe hookin it to a sled once in a while when im home..do you have a part# for the triple disk?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good, I appreciate it!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
how long do you think my new stock clutch will hold up with a lift pump and ppe programmer turned up a little?

Registered
the rattling is probably the dual mass flywheel there problematic so im told but south bend sells a single mass flywheel and either a single double and triple disc clutch depending on your performance needs and i read in diesel power a lly gmc i believe with a zf6 is the fastest manual diesel pickup period ran mid to high elevens in all the zf6s are supposively better shifting and stouter than nv5600s used by crap cummings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts