Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with ziebart rust proofing? Basically what they do is shoot the complete frame, underside of cab, bed, inside of doors, rockers, tailgate and wheel wells. It's $550 and comes with a 10 year warranty, plus I can go back once a year and they touch it up for free.

I'm looking into having it done to my 2015 Sierra but would like to hear from people who have had it done before I go ahead with it.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I thought about doing this as well, but decided to do it myself. I went with Rust Bullet metal blast to prep the rust areas, used a stainless brush to prep. Then painted Rust Bullet blackshell coating over it. It's worked great, and you can touch up yourself. All I had to do is remove the skid plate in the front and it was quite easy. The rust bullet metal blast spray is great for the tough to reach spots too, it dissolves the rust basically on contact. I plan to spray down there about once a year to maintain it. And the whole bottom is painted and it's holding up extremely well, not to mention the black matches the rest of the underbody

·
Registered
207 Posts
My wife said to me....Why don't you get the truck undercoated...this was my '!3. Ok I took it to the local guy that does OIL undercoating. BIGGEST mistake of my life!!!! In the late 90's GM started wax dipping their frames. When you apply oil to wax, it eats the wax and you have pretty bare metal and welds showing. NEXT! Off to the local Ziebart I go. 3 days of steam cleaning then they paint the frame with Rustoleum and then the Ziebart. It was much better... The Ziebart manager told me that the Ziebart will eat the wax too! When they get a new truck in they steam clean it and then paint it prior to the Ziebart. Worst case...Frame rots...Ziebart denies claim due to customer negligence....GM says no way due to Ziebart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts