Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see zone has preferred wheel alignment settings on their instructions. should I hand this over to the guy doing the wheel alignment or just let him do it without these settings. Also should the alignment place be using cams on my truck?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I see zone has preferred wheel alignment settings on their instructions. should I hand this over to the guy doing the wheel alignment or just let him do it without these settings.
I dont see why not. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It's just whatever you want to do really. I didn't have the specs for my kit so I just brought it in to my alignment shop and they worked their magic. It was WAY out of spec when I brought it in after I threw the lift on but it drives straight as an arrow now.

Any decent alignment guy will be able to make whatever your setup is work correctly as long as you have the adjustment (which you do)

·
Registered
461 Posts
My alignment was wayyyyy off also. The toe out was so rediculous I couldn't back it down the driveway. I didn't take any sheets into the shop, however I did stand there outside the bay door the whole time to check to make sure everything was in spec. They threw in a 12 month warranty with it also.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Don't bring it with you!! Every vehicle is different or may be cranked different in the front, which will call for different specs. Let the alignment shop do it their way. As long as they align w/ the machine that uses sensors on all 4 wheels, they will be able to correct it!!

Mine was off so bad, I had to adjust it to drive to the alignment shop. Came out straight as an arrow!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm ok i wont give them the specs then. do these alignment guy need to use cams for adjustment. A buddy was telling me make sure they do because im changing the whole front suspension.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
All I can tell you is find a place that aligns BIG trucks...not some dinky local shop that does alignments for 30.00.. My alignment cost me 140.00 and took an hour or so....and I can tell you my truck is aligned VERY well... Even a year later I got compliments on how tight my front end still is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts