Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, got some questions about the lift I have and putting on my 15 2500hd. Last year I put a zone 2.5 upper control are and torsion key leveling kit. I fit 33’s no problem on the stock 20’s. I’m now adding the zone 5” with aftermarket bumper so no restrictions there. I’m looking to put 35’s on 22x12’s -44 offset but I don’t want to rub on the inner fender wall. Anyone running close to what I have and want? Any issues? Should I just do the 22x10’s -25 to be safe? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the below link and enter in what you want to do. You are more than likely going to rub with a 35" & -44 offset on a 5" lift. If you dont mind cutting for the norcal mod then you'll be fine.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/search-wheel-offset-gallery
Right I figured that but I have the leveling kit compounding the 5” I should be able to get another inch on top of that being I’m over 2” inches now? I don’t mind the NorCal mod but it might have a better all round look with the 20x10’s anyway

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
You won't necessarily need the UCA's with the 5" lift but you can leave them on since you already have them. I'm assuming your 2.5" leveling kit that came with new keys? If it did, after you install the 5" lift you can back them out so your truck rides better, essentially leaving you with the 5" of front lift. If you do leave them cranked, you're going to have to use a taller block in the rear to alleviate the "Cali lean" look.

I had 22x12 -44 offset wheels with 325/50R22 tires and I had to do the Norcal fender mod on my '18 with a Zone 5" to keep them from rubbing the backside of the fender wells FYI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't necessarily need the UCA's with the 5" lift but you can leave them on since you already have them. I'm assuming your 2.5" leveling kit that came with new keys? If it did, after you install the 5" lift you can back them out so your truck rides better, essentially leaving you with the 5" of front lift. If you do leave them cranked, you're going to have to use a taller block in the rear to alleviate the "Cali lean" look.

I had 22x12 -44 offset wheels with 325/50R22 tires and I had to do the Norcal fender mod on my '18 with a Zone 5" to keep them from rubbing the backside of the fender wells FYI.
definitely don’t want the Cali Lean, I ordered the 22x10 -25 hostile’s today, I do still tow the camper and Moto bikes with this truck so I thought I’d just play it safe. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
definitely don’t want the Cali Lean, I ordered the 22x10 -25 hostile’s today, I do still tow the camper and Moto bikes with this truck so I thought I’d just play it safe. Thanks for the input.
Post pics after everything is installed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks good man! I've been thinking about the same setup. How's the ride with the Zone 5"? Did you back your torsion keys out a ways? I would imagine those bumpers add some weight, and may help smooth it out too, huh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the ride, I upgraded to fox 2.0’s so I think that helps. My buddy says his 6” bds is smoother but I didn’t pay bds prices either. I had the zones leveling kit so I had to back the keys out a bit yeah. All and all I’m super happy with the result and recommend zone to anyone looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good! What brand are those bumpers? I assume those bumpers are where you gained the clearance since my new 20x10 -25 rims rubbed the front until I spaced it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good! What brand are those bumpers? I assume those bumpers are where you gained the clearance since my new 20x10 -25 rims rubbed the front until I spaced it out.
They are Bullet proof bumpers, can’t remember the exact model, slime line with a razor pre runner I think. Yes I got some good clearance with the front. I’m certain I could 37” with a little trimming on the inside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts