Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Trading her in

21K views 111 replies 27 participants last post by  MitchsDmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Started my own thread to keep all my stuff in one place. I've had 3 duramax's now, so this will be kind of a "life and times" of my trucks and any issues I've come across, as well as projects I've done.

Our story begins with truck number 2 (lmm) oddly enough, as i didn't start this thread until after I traded in my lbz.

Once upon a time:

Traded in my 06 Sierra LBZ for a stock 08 Silverado LMM. In order to keep from hijacking other threads, I'll keep all MY truck stuff in here. Don't worry, I'll still happily share my opinion everywhere else

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
Nice..but like j.stanton said....get rid of those chrome mirror covers!

#8 ·
Pcv reroute ASAP. Lift pump too. And as said before efi and exhaust.

#10 ·
Could anyone else give some input on the DPF delete in Ontario? I can't seem to find anything on the new 2013 laws about what can be done and what can't.

#12 ·
Just do what you feel like. Idk bout in Canada but in my opinion the EPA can stick it. But anyway, EFI live and a straight pipe and you'll be happier than a kid on Christmas.

#13 ·
Idk if you would be saying that if you got slapped with fines and couldn't register your truck lol

#21 ·
If only you could keep it and still get a new one. There was so many things I regret not doing to my old truck. But oh well, no turning back now!

#24 ·
Right on man. I traded my truck in and it needed a ton of work. Brakes, tires, steering shaft, wheel bearing, and more probably once you started tearing it apart, including an awful noise in the front end. So it was either invest a chunk of change or trade it in. A Volkswagen dealer's owner had my new truck for sale as he was upgrading(?) to a Touraeg lol. They gave me $16,800 and it had 265,000kms on it. I thought I came away pretty well. Couldn't be happier with the new ride!

#26 ·
Hard to part with a truck that doesn't owe you anything. Just keep it brother. There's only one thing better then a having a duramax... having 2 of them!

#27 · (Edited)
Pcv reroute showed up today from Sean at Copperhead Diesel. Great guy to deal with and very fast delivery. Would recommend them to anyone. I'll definitely be ordering from them again. Looks like I have something to do today! Also got the aluminum bleeder screw for the fuel filter. That will wait until the next fuel filter change though. Should have my edge insight cts and egr blocker plate tomorrow. If it wasn't for my wiper motor going and having to buy it new from the dealer, I probably would of ordered efi live and exhaust as well. Oh well, there's always next pay day! LOL!

#28 ·
Pcv reroute installed today. Didn't seem as bad as some people make it out to be. I sure am glad it is done though. Installed my edge insight cts a couple days ago too. I kind of wish I got the pillar mount now. Just doesn't look as clean. I guess that's next on the list... And efi live :thumb

Attachments

#30 ·
Finally got my efi live in. Seems quicker then my Lbz was. I'm definitely impressed. Blocked the egr as well. Just need to do my dpf delete and she'll be good to go! Loving my lmm!

#31 ·
Ok guys I'm ordering my exhaust tomorrow. Not sure what I want though. I'm keeping the stock "tip" to keep it looking stock for the emission nazis here in ontario. Should I just straight pipe it? Or keep the stock muffler and just delete dpf? I know there are a million "what should I do??" threads but I'm just wondering if the straight pipe will be to loud for a daily driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#32 ·
Exhaust is your call.... mine is downpipe back straight piped and its not that loud, I love it and the whistle. to keep it looking stock I would just place in the dpf delete pipe.

for your CTS, look at the dash pod. You have a LTZ(like mine) so you will need the luxury dash pod. I love mine and looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.