Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
The way I seem to drop parts in hard to reach spots when working on cars/trucks this might not be for me. Just purchased an '08 with 80,000 miles. Hope I don't have to do this in the near future:cool:

· Vendor
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You will need to disconnect them, and you can slide the brackets down away from the valve cover, but you do not need to remove the lines completely.

Good luck..... Let us know how it went when you are done so others can get a feel for how easy/hard the job is..!! - Thanks!!

· Vendor
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The way I seem to drop parts in hard to reach spots when working on cars/trucks this might not be for me. Just purchased an '08 with 80,000 miles. Hope I don't have to do this in the near future:cool:
You will not have to.... and even if you did it would be waaay easier to do on your Duramax than on the older LB7's.

This thread is only for 2001-2004.5 LB7 egines.

· Registered
18 Posts
You will need to disconnect them, and you can slide the brackets down away from the valve cover, but you do not need to remove the lines completely.

Good luck..... Let us know how it went when you are done so others can get a feel for how easy/hard the job is..!! - Thanks!!
What are you using to remove them. Ive tried searching and searching and we tried a screwdriver and nothing removes them.... Other then that the driverside is a PITA

· Registered
3,384 Posts
Nice write up. Looks like an easy job to me. A heel bar actually works better than a pry bar to pull the valve covers off.

· Registered
2,108 Posts
also bump, does any one know what the rocker arm assembly is supposed to be torqued to, when i started i thought id need to take her down to the head gaskets so i poped the rocker arms off and now i cant find the specs for it!

· Registered
3 Posts
hey im new to the forums although ive been reading them and getting helpful info for about a year now...
does the valve cover gasket have to be changed/replaced or will silicone work just fine?? doing my injectors now and this write up is a great help thanx but just doesnt say much about replacing gasket...

· Registered
2,108 Posts
the bottom one is usually re-useable, i didnt reuse mine b/c i had new ones for it, but if you dont then the only ones will do

· Registered
2,108 Posts
yeah every one told me to but the kit i got from merchant had them so i figured hell why not use new ones, plus the previous injector doer, used a boat load of "right stuff" sylicone on them so they were pretty nasty,

· Registered
2,108 Posts
if you dont mind me askin for how much?

he helped more then i can say, i bugged him so bad w/ questions, i really felt bad, im goin to his place on friday so he can look at my FICM, so ill get him all the injectors then,

he hasnt touched my truck its all been on the phone but seriously, i've never had any one help me the way tony (horsehaulin) did, he's a great dude, i guarentee you'll get your injectors fast and w/ no hassle from him,

· Registered
2,108 Posts
got it, yeah tony has answered every question i've had, i think yesterday tryin to get it started i called him pri 5-10 times in a couple hours haha, while he was at home, i felt terrible but he is the person i call if i cant figure it out haha,

41 - 60 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.