Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Will be tearing into my truck this weekend to swap the injectors. Anyone have a parts list of anything i should order for the job? Have injectors coming from GM, but is there any gaskets or anything i will need?

· Registered
53 Posts
U shouldn't need any parts, as long as u have the listed tools. I would reccomend buying about five valve cover bolts from a parts store and it's usually recommended to replace ur fpr when u do injectors. O yeah and high temp rtv, oil + filter, fuel filter...

Reactions: diesel.dave

· Registered
2,108 Posts
id have some injector cups and o-rings on hand, as well at hi temp lock tight, some valve cover bolts since they tend to strip out, your pri gonna need new fuel line metal o-ring things ( i cant remember what they are called but theres alot of them things) and then like said some rtv to make the upper valve cover gasket......

· Registered
65 Posts
your pri gonna need new fuel line metal o-ring things ( i cant remember what they are called but theres alot of them things)
My buddy at the dealership gave me a whole bunch of these funny little gasket type things that are like a C shape, i'm assuming thats them. He said he gave me basically everything he gives his techs when they do an injector job, so i hope i'm good. If not, the dealership aint that far.

Question for those that have done this. I'm guessing i need to borrow a torque wrench that is in LB-IN? i see alot of the torque measurments are lb-in, but everyone i talk to that has one says theres doesn't go low enough for a few of the measurments that are given?

· Registered
2,108 Posts
yeah you need a IN/LB torque wrench, and get a smaller one cause you'll use some pretty low torque specs,

· Registered
344 Posts
My crankcase is full of diesel.....any ideas on what may cause this?

· Registered
2,108 Posts
is that a serious question?

if it is then yes i know what pri causing it, bad injectors, im assuming more then one, take it to some one w/ efi or that has a tech II or compairable scanner and have them check your balance rates on each injector, chances are you have atleast a few leaking if its that bad, and you should stop driving your truck immediatly! since that much diesel in there means basically no lubricity left in the oil

or you could have a leaking fuel line down in there, but i've only seen that 1 time and thay was b/c he did injectors and didnt tighten them enough haha.........

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.